Few weeks have passed since the students returned to campus and we are all still adapting to this ‘new normality’. IE University has taken several measures in response to the situation the world is now facing and we were all welcome with these new changes.
Schedules and classes have been divided to reduce the number of students in the same space. Each classroom now has a maximum capacity of 21 students where there is always an empty seat between each one of them. Additionally, the staff cleans all the classrooms after each 90-minute session. These are some of the measures taken by IEU to ensure our safety. All the safety measures taken on their behalf will prove useless, though, if we do not follow the respective instructions and take care of ourselves; for ourselves and others.
We know that COVID-19 is spread from one to another through respiratory droplets and contact routes. This means we can either get infected directly from someone who is sick or also by touching an object or surface where their droplets have landed and then touching our eyes, nose and mouth. So here are some important recommendations you should follow in order to take care of yourself on campus.
- Wear a protective mask at all times.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly and thoroughly.
- Carry with you an alcohol-based hand rub with you, so you can clean your hands when you are unable to go to a bathroom.
- Maintain physical distancing of more than 1.5 meters.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you are going to do it, make sure to clean your hands first.
- Be honest with yourself. If you feel unwell, stay at home. If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. It’s better to prevent than to regret.
- Follow WHO hygiene recommendations.
- Make sure you do your daily self-assessment of COVID-19 compatible symptoms honestly before accessing the campus.
- Whenever you are entering campus, have your green passport with you, which you achieve by following up on your daily checkup on the web tracer app.
- Follow the classroom rules.
Remember: the best way to care for others is by taking care of ourselves.