Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, is a city that has undergone significant transformation in recent years.
Once known for its strict religious laws and conservative way of life, Jeddah has made remarkable strides toward modernization and liberalization.
Today, Jeddah is no longer the same old country many people picture when they hear of Saudi Arabia. It is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city home to a diverse population of locals and expatriates.
This city has evolved to become a unique and exciting destination for travelers. It is undergoing a massive transformation through the Jeddah Central project.
The $20 billion Jeddah Central project, unveiled in December 2020, aims to make Jeddah one of the most livable cities globally by the decade’s end. It includes the development of an oceanarium, an opera house, a sports stadium, residential units, a marina, a beach, and green spaces.
Jeddah’s transformation will make it a global destination for tourists and residents.
So if you are looking for a unique travel experience, Jeddah might be the perfect destination.
With its warm weather and sandy beaches, Jeddah is the perfect place for a getaway when it is too cold elsewhere!
Here are some tips to help you plan the perfect week-long trip in Jeddah:
Your Travel Guide to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Riyals (SAR)
5,000 SAR (approximately 1,300 dollars)
Arabic, but English is widely spoken in tourist areas.
The primary mode of transport would be taxis or ride-sharing apps like Uber, which are the most convenient. Negotiating the fare beforehand is best, as taxis are not metered. Ultimately, for tourists, Uber would be the ideal mode of transport.
Jeddah is hot and humid year-round, but temperatures can reach over 40°C in the summer months. So it is ideal to go in Spring or Autumn.
- $ Al Baik – a fast-food chain famous for its fried chicken and Arabic-style burgers.
- $$ Baytoti – a great Chinese restaurant in Jeddah with a value price.
- $$$ Meez Lounge – a luxurious rooftop restaurant offering a fusion of international cuisine.
Now for your entertainment…
- $ Jeddah Regional Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography – A museum showcasing the city’s rich history and culture.
- $$ Abdul Rauf Khalil Museum – A museum featuring contemporary art from Saudi Arabia and the Arab world.
- $ Al-Balad – The historic district of Jeddah is known for its stunning architecture and traditional souks (markets).
- $$ Corniche – The Jeddah Corniche is a famous waterfront promenade that offers spectacular views of the Red Sea.
- $$$ King Fahd’s Fountain – The world’s tallest fountain in the middle of the Red Sea.
- $ Floating Mosque – The mosque built on the water is a must-visit place in Jeddah.
- $$ Al Shallal Theme Park – An amusement park with a water park, ice rink, and roller coaster.
- $$$ Scuba diving or snorkeling – The Red Sea offers the world’s best diving and snorkeling opportunities.
The inaugural Formula 1 race in Saudi Arabia took place in December 2021, and it was an exciting event that captivated fans worldwide.
The race was held on a brand new street circuit in the coastal city of Jeddah, and it provided a unique challenge for the drivers with its high-speed straights and tight corners.
In addition to the race, several concerts and events were held throughout the weekend, showcasing the vibrant and lively nightlife in the city. The race was thrilling, with Max Verstappen claiming victory after a hard-fought battle with Lewis Hamilton.
Jeddah has a variety of accommodations to suit all budgets, from luxurious hotels to budget-friendly hostels.
And let’s not forget one of the most urging beauties of the world: the Red Sea.
The Red Sea
It is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places in the world, attracting visitors from all corners of the globe.
The Red Sea offers some of the world’s best snorkeling and diving experiences with its crystal-clear waters, vibrant coral reefs, and colorful marine life. The coastline is lined with picturesque sandy beaches, while the surrounding desert landscape provides a stunning backdrop for sunset views. The warm year-round climate and calm waters make it the perfect destination for relaxation, adventure, and exploration.
Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or a family vacation, the Red Sea is an unforgettable destination that will leave you with memories that last a lifetime.
I recommend the resort: La Plage for a truly memorable visit to the Red Sea. Here are some activities you can do in the Red Sea:
- Scuba diving: Explore the Red Sea’s stunning coral reefs and marine life by going on a scuba diving adventure. This is a must-do activity in the Red Sea with its crystal-clear waters and diverse marine creatures.
- Snorkeling: Snorkeling is an excellent alternative to go farther than scuba diving. You can still see plenty of marine life and enjoy the beautiful coral reefs.
- Jet skiing: For thrill-seekers, jet skiing is a fun way to experience the Red Sea. You can rent a jet ski and ride the waves while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Parasailing: Another thrilling activity, parasailing allows you to see the Red Sea differently. You will be lifted high above the water and get a bird’s eye view of the surrounding area.
- Fishing: The Red Sea is home to various fish, making it an excellent place for fishing enthusiasts. You can go on a fishing tour and try your luck catching some of the local fish.
- Sailing: Whether you are an experienced sailor or just looking for a leisurely sail, the Red Sea offers plenty of opportunities to get out on the water. You can rent a sailboat or join a tour to explore the coastline and enjoy the beautiful views.
- Relaxing on the beach: Of course, one of the best things to do in the Red Sea is simply relaxing on the beach. You can unwind and soak up the sun with soft sand and clear waters while enjoying the beautiful surroundings.
Jeddah is a unique and vibrant city that has something for everyone. From the traditional souks and historical landmarks to the modern amenities and stunning beaches, Jeddah is a must-visit destination. If you plan a trip to Saudi Arabia, include Jeddah on your itinerary.